Saturday, May 19, 2012

on being willow worrells mother: month 1

being willow worrells mother means picking her up out of bed in the morning, as soon as I hear a stir, because I know that those few morning minutes are some of the sweetest of the day.

being willow worrells mother means to not take it personally when she pounds my chest with her fist and scratches it with her nails because I know that she is just excited about getting to eat.

being willow worrells mother means saying sweet things in her ear and rubbing her back when she is choking on her milk because I know that she worked herself up and thought she had to eat like it was her last meal.

being willow worrells mother means taking her into the shower with me because I know that she likes it more than a bath and she feels very grown up doing so anyway.

being willow worrells mother means giving her plenty of time to finish her poo business because I know that if I don't, accidents happen, and they are very embarrassing you know.

being willow worrells mother means learning how to do almost everything one-handed because I know that she has a low tolerance for being alone and also just likes to be apart of everything.

being willow worrells mother means making her smile and laugh by saying the same thing a million times over in a million different voices because I know that must be the funniest thing she has ever heard.

being willow worrells mother means being extra careful when I am holding her over my shoulder because I know that any minute she can launch off me with her hulk legs.

being willow worrells mother means loving all her quirky ways because I know that they are all a glimpse into the person she will become.

(i was inspired by this post over at nat the fat rat. i loved that her boy's first and last name was the same first letter (h), just like willow. so i wanted to do one too. thanks natalie!)

No comments:

Post a Comment